Welcome to the Ateneo Graduate School of Business (AGSB) website. Before even browsing through the different parts of our website, allow me to share with you some of the distinguishing features of our graduate school of business. These are:
1. The AGSB is a 46 year old academic unit that is part of the 153 year old Ateneo de Manila University. As a Jesuit institution, the AGSB is committed to the teaching of the Jesuit core values of excellence and service to others.
2. Our main market is the workplace-based and experience-driven students with a minimum of 2 years work experience. Ten percent (10%) of our students are foreigners. Another 30% percent of our student population work for global companies. Thus, we have a learning environment where 40% of our students can be considered international in experience. Adding to this global experience is the fact that 50% of our professors have global work experiences.
3. Our faculty are all workplace-based and experience-driven with an average work experience of 20 years and majority are in senior management positions. Aside from their relevant academic credentials, they undergo rigorous training in the different facets of their academic work and in their specific areas of specialization.
4. By design, our curriculum is not only relevant, it also has a long shelf life. The Ateneo Graduate School of Business management programs are characterized by
• an emphasis on building strategic reasoning and competitive management skills in both domestic and global settings;
• a fidelity to ethics and values in the context of existing corporate and social realities;
• an integration of information communications technology into the curricula;
• a focus on team processes; and
• a learner-centered method of delivery facilitated by workplace-based professors.
5. In our methodology of teaching, we take into consideration the entire adult learning principles and we use a variety of learning techniques in the classroom.
6. Our current MBA offerings reflect the trends in management education. For 46 years, we have perfected a curriculum and a methodology for part-time students. As part of the array of choices by the MBA students, we have an accelerated MBA programin partnership with Regis University, which has been offering its own accelerated program for 30 years. For 9 years, we have been offering some of our subjects, either on partial or full on-line using Blackboard as our platform.
7. Over the last 46 years, we have produced a total of about 7,500 MBA graduates most of whom have reached senior management positions in their work. The AGSB has produced a Philippine president, several cabinet secretaries and leaders of industries, both here and in the region.
8. The AGSB has been ranked Number 1, garnering an average rating of 4.6 out of a possible perfect score of 5.0 based on a comprehensive study of 195 MBA programs in the country by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the Fund for Assistance to Private Education (FAPE). The AGSB has likewise been a recipient of the Thomas Kennedy award given by New Ventures of Regis University for delivering an excellent accelerated MBA program. Its MBA in Health Program, specifically the Leaders for Health Program was the recipient of the People Power People award by the Benigno Aquino Foundation. In 2011, CMO Asia of Singapore awarded AGSB the Asia B-School Innovation Leadership Award. It is also worth mentioning that in the 14-year history of the Inter-MBA games, the AGSB has been overall champion for 14 consecutive years.
These are just some of the unique features of our graduate school of business. Now, enjoy exploring our website. If you have any questions about the unique educational opportunities we are offering, feel free to contact us.